How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Amanji Your Own Question
Amanji, Immigration Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108
Experience:  Litigation Partner with live and varied private client immigration caseload.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Amanji is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am applying for Sultanate of Oman citizenship and Passport

This answer was rated:

I am applying for Sultanate of Oman citizenship and Passport as a british citizen, I was told I will have to give up my british nationality and passport. I don't want to loose my British citizenship.Can they Take my british passport as they don't allow dual nationalty.If so, could i apply for it again.Or can i aply in the british embassy in oman for lost passport If they take it. do i also have to give letters form British embassy saying that i am no longer british for them to give me omani nationality? Please help.

Good morning


I cannot advise on laws for Oman. UK law does recognise dual nationality but that does not mean other countries do.


However, if you want to take Oman nationality and they require you to renounce British citizenship, then you must do that. You have to use specific form to renounce British nationality and pay a fee. See:


Once renounced, you cannot simply report passport lost and get another one as you would not be British anymore. However, it is generally possible to resume UK citizenship through registration once only if the reason for renouncing was that you had to give it up such as in your case.


Hope that helps. Kind regards




Click green button to accept answer.

Amanji and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions