UK Ford

UK Ford repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We changed fuel filter and now it wont stàrt. We filled the…

We changed fuel filter...

We changed fuel filter and now it wont stàrt. We filled the filter with diesel. The engine management has timed out from contious

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

Continuous cranking. We dont want to try again until we know what what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Exturnal

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ford?

2011 2.4 turbo ford transit

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?

Loosened the nuts on the coomon rail. Lots of air bubbles came out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Do we need any special tools

3/18/2018
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

OK on a TDCI ( your engine) don't crack any pipes off as this will introduce air

what usually helps is to use a vacuum pump or a hand primer like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130983742042?clk_rvr_id=1470092074127&rmvSB=true

to draw the fuel through from the tank

It also helps to try jacking the back of the van up so any air in the line will tend to travel back to the tank

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Matt, Engineer