UK Ford

UK Ford Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Ford

Central locking key won't lock the car. It locks and then…

Customer Question
Hi. Central locking key...

Hi. Central locking key won't lock the car. It locks and then unlocks immediately.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Took to my garage Friday as took 4 slam of drivers door to get car to lock. He said he had greased lock, and all seemed well, but Saturday it was only working intermittently again.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Fiesta Style WR57POJ

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Fiesta?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?

No - I'm 76

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My garage said that it would be very expensive to replace the system. I'm worried about that and that I may not be able to lock the car at all. I have tried just using the key in the dor but it just locks and unlocks just the same.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Ford
1/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: Kevin, UK Ford Car Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Kevin
Kevin, UK Ford Car Mechanic

Hi im kevin this occurrs when one lock has failed .the fact that slamming the drivers door makes a difference would suggest the drivers door lock is failing .we call this lock bounce .all locks are synced together so if one locks they all lock .if you lock car and one fails to lock fully it will bounce and unlock all doors .you will need to get most likely the drivers door lock replaced to cure this issue

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, online, a fiesta owners site said that the key needed re-programming. Today I have found that if I lock the car inside before starting the engine, then I can lock it 1st time from the outside. What do you think is going on please?

It still sounds like you have a bad dor lock and you manually overiding it

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, UK Ford Car Mechanic