UK Ford

UK Ford Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Ford

Radio code that came with the car does not unlock radio on…

Customer Question
Radio code that came with...
Radio code that came with the car does not unlock radio on Ford Smax. Tried booking it into Fords but I’m waiting for them to call me back 6 weeks later! Is there anyway I can find out the radio code? Please I need some music lol
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: UK Ford
12/15/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN replied 2 months ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN

Hi there , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonight

In order for me to generate your radio code i will need the serial number of the audio unit

Most ford audio unit have a serial number self read function but into the unit

If you press and hold buttons 1&6 or 2&6 (older units the unit will run through a self test and should run through various displays and display the serial number

The serial number will look like this - example

M004687 or V015638

If you can get back to me with this number I will generate your radio code

If the self test function doesn't work and the unit doesn't display the serial number then the audio unit needs to be removed /popped out to read the serial number from the side of the unit

Mic this is a sat nav units it work differently

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Hi Brian, oh that would be great! Serial number is *****Thank you
Hi There , no worriesOk here is the radio code you requested for your audio unit is 2070If you need further help or technical assistance on this issue going forward
please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as this helps to build my online profile
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening and a merry Christmas
Any positive feedback /bonuses are kindly appreciatedKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Arghhhhhh code did not work
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delay in responding I have been away over weekendCan you try the code 2077 I think I have typed that serial number in IncorrectlySorry for the inconvenienceKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Ford Mechanic: Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN replied 1 month ago

Hi there good evening to you

Was the radio code I supplied successful

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Gallagher99
Gallagher99