UK Ford

UK Ford repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My S-Max has the message Immobilizer Active and it wont

My S-Max has the...

My S-Max has the message Immobilizer Active and it wont start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Apparently the battery was weak, so i tried to use another car battery plugged by a cable. The car almost started, the engine almost started, but after the second try the engine would not move that"s when I started to receive this error message and even with a good battery the car doesn't start and this message remains.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Platinum 2007 Diesel Turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

There is no problem with the turbo, is with the message immobilizer active that does not allow me start the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No all I want is to disable or Deactivate this Immobilizer. Can you patch me to the mechanic?

12/10/2017
Kevin
Kevin, UK Ford Car Mechanic

Hi im kevin there is no way to disable the imobiliser .the car is designed to be impossible to start without key syncronisation with pickup .you will need to have car plugged into a ford diagnostic tool to find the cause of the issue as to weather the key or pickup is at fault

Thank you very much for your prompt and effective response. I will take the car to a FORD Dealer tomorrow.

Let me know how you get on and please rate my service

Kevin
Kevin, UK Ford Car Mechanic