UK Ford

UK Ford Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Ford

Just tried to open my ford transit & key fob won't work &

Just tried to open...

Just tried to open my ford transit & key fob won't work & can't open drivers door manual either

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Battery ok & red light lights up when pressed

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Transit?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am isolated up in the hills of Bulgaria , the sun is shining but a hard frost , surfing internet for any ideas, the side panel door is unlocked

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that the drivers door lock does not work due to damage from previous owner

12/9/2017
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN

Hi there , good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you Today

Ok the first thing and most common cause of this is a flat battery (especially at this time of year )

I would advise opening the bonnet and charging the battery from the jump post

As the central locking won't operate if the voltage is below 10,5 volts

As the drivers lock is damaged this gas to be the first option

If this fails then the only way to access the vehicle (without cutting out or damaging windows ) is to drill the drivers lock out to allow you to move the mechanism and open the door

If you need further help or technical assistance on this issue going forward

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as this helps to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day and a merry Christmas

Any positive feedback /bonuses are kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Gallagher99
Late reply , but thanks I drilled the lock out yesterday as was last resort 2nd to breaking window.Now in & driving.
Regards
Terry
I replied a day after, thanks for your solution but it was too late, I had already drilled out the lock rather than smash a window .
I am back driving
Thankyou
Gallagher99
Gallagher99