UK Ford

UK Ford repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My desktop machine has gone blank and I cnt turn it on. Ford…

Customer Question
My desktop machine has...

My desktop machine has gone blank and I cnt turn it on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Ford Fiesta edge 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes disconnecting the battery taking radio out to check wires, checked the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Ford
10/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN replied 7 months ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN

Hi there , good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today

Is it the display above the audio controls that has went blank

Is it completely blank or do you still get the ford logo

Can you still play music

Has this happened out of the blue or has jump starting occurred

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

I’ve just brought the car. It had the ford logo at start with nothing completely working nd now it’s gone completely black

Hi there thanks

Ok if the FCDIM (Front Control Display Interface Moduke ) this is the LCD screen you speak of

If there is No ford logo or activity then commonly it's an internal fault of the FCDIM

If there is a ford logo but system won't operate then it's a fault with the ACM Audio Control Module

But from your description it indicates the FCDIM has failed internally

I can give you the wiring information if you wish to check the wiring (powers and grounds to fcdim )

But it would be rare for a wiring issue to cause this it's more commonly fir the FCDIM to fail internaly

If you need further help or technical assistance on this issue going forward

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as is how iam

Accredited for my advice and to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice Evening

Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

what must I do to get that back working

If it's completely dead you will need to replace the FCDIM assembly

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

All it says is welcome to ford audio and then nothing

If it's switching on and the LCD is displaying this message then I would replace the ACM( this is cd player assembly )

I thought there was no activity At all from the display at all

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Just been fiddling with the fuses and it came back on so would have to replace the cd unit inside?

Hi there is the system working just now

what fuses were disturbed

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

It had a fuse missing for the display screen but it won’t let me press any buttons

Fuse 20 in the interior fuse box powers the fcdim

Fuse 21 and fuse 15 in the interior fuse box power the ACM

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

What fuses are they meant to be?

Is fuse 21 and 15 ok as these power the ACM

It's possible someone has already tried to rest the fcdim for this fault

If the display is working and displays ie ford and fuses 21 and 15 are ok then the ACM is commonly the issue

People think how can a CD player cause no button response but it's a complex system and has 3 parts to it which must all talk to each other

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Both fuses are both working fine nd lights are displaying

Hi there thanks

Ok I would replace the ACM (Audio Contol Module ) to resolve this issue

This is the cd player assembly

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Gallagher99
Gallagher99