Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My mondeo starts fine then after a 10 mon run warmed up it

Customer Question

Hi my mondeo starts fine then after a 10 mon run warmed up it dorsnt start inless i press the gas after a furthir few mins will start as normal
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Nope not a gas hog just had oil change and new plugs and new leads and new coil pack
JA: What year is your MINI?
Customer: Its a mondeo 03
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes doimg it myself nothing on this front as i have just solved oil in my plugs problem idles at 750 bit lumpy after its warmed up i am feeling that it maybe fuel starvation or a ifle valve sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes its a ford mondeo mk3
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with low fuel pressure.This can be caused by an issue with the fuel pump being weak needing replaced.I have seen fuel pumps act up like this here before in the past with the pump itself needing replaced.

I would have the fuel pressure tested to see if the pump is faulty when this acts up.If the pressure drops off on a fuel pressure test gauge when it acts up compared to how the pressure reads when it does start and run then I suspect the pump is faulty needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete