UK Ford

UK Ford Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Ford

Hope u can help, Ford ka 2008, The system is locked out with

Customer Question
Hi there, hope u can...
Hi there, hope u can help
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Ford ka 2008
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The system is locked out with the word wait on display
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: Its my mums car and she cant use the system as she has enter the wrong code
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: 27161 miles and no never happened before
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Ford
8/31/2017
Ford Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 3 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

When it enters the wait mode you have to leave the key on for an hour or more or leave the engine on for an hour or more so the radio then sees constant power.It should then go back to wanting a code.Then you want to insert the correct code.If you do not have the correct code you may have to contact a dealer to obtain this code.In some cases they will not charge for this code if you show them proof of ownership and a photo ID.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Ford Mechanic: Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN replied 3 months ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN

Hi there , good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today

how many attempts was took at entering wrong code ie :10 times

Is it displaying locked 10 or locked 13

What code was entered

Do you have the serial number from the side of the unit

Does the front of the unit have 6 preset buttons on it

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Gallagher99
Gallagher99