Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 23 years
12772297

I have just been charged £800 for replacing EGR sensor on My

I have just been charged £800 for replacing EGR sensor on
My Vehicle:
FORD TRANSIT 2.2 DIESEL 2012 VAN (RV62XND)
Engine: 2.2 125PS TDCI-J BHP: 123.3
It worked for 5 days and has now gone back to engine malfunction warning light and message with semi power loss?

Hello

do you have a fault code as this will confirm what the issue is?

as its possibly just a blocked fuel filter?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The fuel filter was replaced approx 8 months back. The garage didnt pass on the fault code. This garage has always looked after my vehicles with out a problem in the past. They said that the diagnostic indicated 2 faults but they were convinced that replacing the EGR would cure both problems. Again they didnt volounteer the 2nd fault!!

OK a sticking EGR valve will cost power and if they have already replaced the valve and if its still showing an EGR fault then its possibly a fault with the wiring loom or another sensor

I'd suggest the next step is to get the fault code read off by any garage or you can either buy a cheap scan tool like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professional-Foxwell-NT200-Engine-Diagnostic-CAN-OBDII-EOBD-Auto-Diagnostic-Tool-/292067571503?epid=2097320688&hash=item440095772f:g:qOUAAOSwB-1Y16Tk

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you that's very useful!!

no problem

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you