UK Ford

UK Ford Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Ford

It a 58 plate 16 tdci dv6 it has no boost the egr have been

replaced,glow plugs,air mass boost pressure...
It a 58 plate 16 tdci dv6 it has no boost the egr have been replaced,glow plugs,air mass boost pressure sensor ,dpf is clear,turbo is spindle is good variable vanes are working well
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: No stored codes
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: It's a garret unit but the cars a 58 plate
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed turbo checking both sides of the vanes on the main spindle also check the stainless ring which brings on the variable vanes out under air pressure
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Havant checked the time yet but no work have been done in this area
8/19/2017
Matt, Engineer

Hello

I'd first check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost.

If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues
Also have a feel around with your bare hands with the engine running to see if you can feel any escaping gas under your touch. Another method is to use a soap and water solution sprayed onto any suspect areas - if there's a leak it'll bubble up with the engine running

Also check that the vacuum hose running to the dump /or turbo bypass valve is intact with no leaks as if the dump valve is opening prematurely you'll be losing all your boost

If this is OK then remove the high pressure intake hose after the turbo and have a feel of the turbine wheel - there should be no play radially at all - but a little bit of axial / end to end float is normal

There is no sounds of a high pressure pipes split/leak have use a vacuum unit to test all small lines and smoke checked the high pressure pipes

Ok in that case

its possible that the lack of power is not a lack of boost pressure but it could be a lack of fuel pressure as this too will mean the engine won't rev up and no combustion also means no boost

This could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to this are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the inlet to the main engine fuel pump and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Matt, Engineer
Matt, Engineer