UK Ford

UK Ford repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I try to put engine on but make a click not start, In front,

Customer Question
I try to put...

I try to put engine on but make a click not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

In front

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Ford mondeo 1.8 tdci ztec 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mondeo?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I not try yet i dont no what is this

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ok

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Ford
7/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 months ago
Dan, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

A single click typically means the starter has failed. To know for sure you can monitor battery voltage at both of the wires going to starter, they should both show at least 11v while trying to start. If voltage is good then you know starter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

O starter is new

If starter is new I'd suspect a wiring problem on large wire that goes between battery and starter. If large wire shows less then 11v when trying to start then you will need to clean connections or replace the wire. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

What I do

You need to start by monitoring voltage at both wires going to starter while trying to start. If small wire has at least 11v but large wire doesn't then you need to clean connections on large wire that connects at battery and at starter. If that doesn't help and voltage is still low then run a new wire.

Dan, Technician