UK Ford

UK Ford repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just brought a Mondeo Ghia x 2.0 reg 04 but need Sony

Customer Question
I just brought a...

I just brought a Mondeo Ghia x 2.0 reg 04 but need Sony radio code can you help

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I need to put a code in

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Ford
2/29/2016
Ford Mechanic: Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN replied 2 years ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN

Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

Ok in order for me to generate your radio code i will need the serial number of the audio unit

Most audio unit have a serial number self read function but into the unit

If you press and hold buttons 1&6 or 2&6 (older units the unit will run through a self test and should run through various displays and display the serial number
The serial number will look like this - example
V015638 or M048725

If you can get back to me with this number I will generate your radio code immediately

If the self test function doesn't work and the unit doesn't display the serial number then the audio unit needs to be removed /popped out to read the serial number from the side of the unit

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian