UK Ford

UK Ford repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 Mondeo 2.5v6 zetec s orange engine management lite is…

Customer Question
2004 Mondeo 2.5v6 zetec s...
2004 Mondeo 2.5v6 zetec s orange engine management lite is on also red door open lite is on. How do I switch them off
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Ford
2/1/2016
Ford Mechanic: Greg, Shop owner replied 2 years ago
Greg
Greg, Shop owner

Hi .

Okay with the red door ajar light you will have to check which door is not closing fully .if all doors are closed fully

then you will have a problem with the door ajar switch , this can be checked when you are checking why the check engine light is ON.

When the check engine light comes on this means the management system has encountered a malfunction within the

fuel injection system.could be anything from a failed O2 sensor to a speed sensor ,to know what has failed you will need to be hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool .

Being connected to the scan tool you can do a complete system scan of all modules this will include the door and window system

and will give you any malfunction codes to which door switch is bad or if no codes in live data will show you which door is still open when you have all closed .

The from the scan of the ECU this will give you codes of why the check engine light is on.

This malfunction code, codes has to be repaired and then the system cleared of codes and then the light will go out if the repair was successfully done .

This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Greg
Greg
Greg, Shop owner