UK Ford

UK Ford Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Ford

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2007 2.0tdci Galaxy.

Customer Question
Hi, My name is *****...
Hi, My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2007 2.0tdci Galaxy. There is a problem with the immobilizer in that the engine turns over and fires once but will not start. To get the car to start we have to press the unlock button up to 8 times. A couple of months ago I put a new battery in the key fob and it was better for a while. I have tried another new battery but it is still worse than it has ever been. Once it starts it runs perfectly. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Off and on since I have had the car I get the message "alarm service required" come on when I turn the ignition on. This message is not coming up at the moment though.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Ford
1/31/2016
Ford Mechanic: Greg, Shop owner replied 1 year ago
Greg
Greg, Shop owner

You need to check for immo malfunction codes , you may have a bad keyfob that has a short in it

and now getting worst .try your spare if you have one .

But doing a diagnostic scan will show up what ever the problem is if its internal .

Note : it is known for these keyfobs to fail inside and this could be your problem ,

Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi I have tried the spare key fob and it does not make any difference. I will now have to get it booked into a Ford garage to check for fault codes. I will confirm with you when this has been done although it may take a while to get a booking.
Thanks Richard

Hi Richard .

Okay no problem wish you all the best .

Rgds Greg

Greg
Greg
Greg, Shop owner