UK Ford

UK Ford repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Connect Van 2004. Immobilser problem is intermittent. More…

Customer Question
Hi, ***** *****, Connect...

Hi, ***** *****, Connect Van 2004. Immobilser problem is intermittent. More often than not the van will not start, the immolbilser flashed rapidly for 1 minute, and then gives code 15. I have had a new key produced by an auto key expert. Whilst he was here the van started every time with both keys.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Engine turns over, but won't fire as if out of diesel. There is diesel in the tank and I have added 5 litres of fresh and ran it outside for 30 minutes. Miles done are always present on the dash.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

No Rush. In fact I have to go out to work soon for the evening, but I don't need the van, as I can use the car at the moment.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Ford
1/20/2016
Ford Mechanic: Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN replied 2 years ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN

Hi there good evening to you

Ok is it always flash code 16 that is present

How intermitent is this

Does this happen with the freshly programmed new key

Regards ***** *****

Brian

Hiya,
it is code 15, and is always the same fault code. About 80% won't start and 20% will start. I could go out tonight and it will start every time. Then nothing for days. I don't dare move it in case it strands me. Both keys the same, if one works, they both work and if they don't work then they both don't work. I can lock / unlock the van fine anytime with flashing indicators to suggest everything is fine.

Hi there thanks for the extra information

If you can leave this with me I will look deeper into this

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Hi Brian,
I am off to work now in the car, and won't have time to check back on the computer until about 5pm GMT tomorrow.
Thanks

Hi there good evening to you

Ok flash code 15 inducates an Incorrect key code, unprogrammed PATS key (keycode format OK), vehicle does not start (20 second anti-scan invoked) (crank no fire )

This is commonly combined with a fault code of B1601 (logged in the PCM )

In most cases this is caused by a damaged PATS key but as you have had a new key cut and coded this can be ruled out

The next methodical diagnostic route would be to have both keys erased and then recoded using fords ids software

Then have the Immobilsor system re-initalised

This involves resetting the Immobilsor system and repairing (handshaking ) the control modules together (PCM/cluster)

if the fault still persists after having this done then I we would need to check the pats transceiver /wiring between the pats transceiver (this is more rare ) and this issue would commonly bring up a different flash code

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know

If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening

Brian

Hi there ,good morning to you

How did you progress on with our immobilsor fault

Regards Brian

Away in France this week. Van booked in at local garage for diagnostics. Hopefully have it fixed when I return Saturday.
Local garage can not sort it. I will have to check with Ford dealer when I return to the UK on Saturday. Cheers

Hi there no worries

Yes this really needs fords ids software used to correctly diagnose this issue

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue or clarification on what you have been told please let me know

If you have been satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Brian

We can continue on this same post

lHi there good evening to you

How did you get on with our immobilisor issue

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian