Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 23 years
12772297

My name is ***** *****> I need to see the location of the

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****> I need to see the location of the thermostat on a 1995 ford escort 1.9 L engine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ok it has air
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

the thermostat is on the engine , if you follow the top hose back from the radiator where the hose fitting / housing bolts onto the engine then the thermostat is underneath this

Whilst the thermostat is being replaced you might as well also reverse flush the cooling circuit (remove top hose to rad and use a hosepipe to push water into the engine until you get clear water out of the radiator hose) and top up with 30-50% fresh antifreeze. Also check that the small diameter bleed hoses that run from the top of the radiator and the top of the engine aren't blocked as this allow the air to vent back to the header tank automatically.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you