Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a mk4 08 mondeo titanium x my battery died and I had

Customer Question

Hi I have a mk4 08 mondeo titanium x my battery died and I had it jump started but it started fine locked OK when I got home I then came to unlock it which it did then I tried to start the car the message no key detected showed on dash had to touch on to key port to start both fobs will not lock the car or start it without them being inserted into barell I can't even lock with the key inside the fob .
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.

Hi there ,good evening to you

This is an issue which we see from time to time and as you can start the vehicle this rules out the Immobilsor

Most commonly this fault lies with a software glich in the KVM whereby the first preliminary diagnosis we carry out by updating the KVM. Software to the latest level (this can only be done by a ford dealer who have the software ) and reprogramming the keys

Other issue we have seen is the KVM. Not sending the crank earth to the starter relay but if your ignition lights won't go off when pressing the power button I would advise starting with a software up of the and reprogramming of the keys via KVM. And then assess this starting issue

This is a very complex system and requires fords ids software to correctly diagnose and repair the issue

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know

If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening

Brian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It all started after a jump start the radio wouldn't work to start off with it was just the time displayed on the screen it played cds but with no sound that has rectified itself i had a look at the central fuse box by pulling it down i shone a torch to look at it and pulled f6 out to check pushed it back in fully after that the fobs don't work would that effect it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there anyway I can lock the car?

Hi there

Ok removing fuse 6 wouldn't have impacted the keyless fobs

The main cause of this is a software issue or Glich within the Keyless module

I would personally advise having the software updates and the key fobs reprogrammed at the same time to resolve this issue

Regards ***** *****

Brian

Hi there

Ok you can lock the car using the mainly key blade located in the back of the key fob (under ford badge cover )

The key blade fits into the drivers door lock barrel and can be used to manually lock /unlock the vehicle

Regards brian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried the key blade it's turning the lock but the cars not locking

Hi thanks

Ok this indicates a keyless module issues (Glich /lock up ) causing communication issues between the BCMii and keyless modules

Again I would advise have all the fault codes cleared the keyless module updated and the fobs reprogrammed

Regards ***** *****

Brian