Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years experience of motor vehicle diagnostics
9261905

I have an 04 plate transit connect with a battery drain

Customer Question

I have an 04 plate transit connect with a battery drain issue. It is drawing 0.385 amps with everything off. I've managed to isolate it by removing fuses one at a time. When I remove the fuse for the instrument cluster the amps drop to 0.015. Is this likely to be solely down to the cluster?
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Sorry to see you have had a wait.

There is every chance its the cluster yes -certainly if you have come down to that as you say. They / the compnents on the dash cluster do go wrong on various ways.... if suspect you will need to have it tested independantly. For this you need to have a specialist who has the proper equipment to test - and repair as found.

The best company I know for this is at www.bba.com If you go to that site you will find their contact number and you can arrange that with them - they do a fast turnaround.. you send the unit to them -and they can usually offer a 24 / 48 hr turnaround for such issues as that ..

Given what you have outlined, I would say yes that is your next step-

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello again.. Im just checking to see if you need anything more on this or if we are done I just need you to click on the OK / Exc ratings for me at this point - Thank you. Please let me know..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.