Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have a 60 plate kuga and reason the front passages side

Customer Question

Hi I have a 60 plate kuga and for some reason the front passages side door won't lock at all . Rest of car will just that one door won't .
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.

When you try to lock the doors do you hear anything happening in the passenger door from the central locking motor? thanks. Ross.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
as it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't .
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.

Ok, this is usually a problem with the locking module, it is a sealed unit that contains the latch, locking motor and release mechanism inside the door, These have a tendency to either stick through moisture ingress causing it to fail to lock/unlock correctly or wear out to the point where it becomes totally inoperative.

Unfortunately, the only cure for this is to replace the latch assembly, naturally due to the high security nature of the locks, it is difficult to access and almost impossible to dismantle to repair so is considered a sealed unit which is replaced complete. Do NOT Attempt to spray oil or grease into the locks or the latch, these are pre-lubricated and incorrect lubricants will cause further failure. The latch it's self is a Ford only part so would need to be ordered from a Ford parts supplier, although fitting the lock assembly is tricky and a bit awkward, it is a relatively short job (around an hour) to fit.

Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.