Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

When been driving and come to a stop, the engine revs to

Customer Question

When been driving and come to a stop, the engine revs to 2500 to 3000 rpm, sometimes a bit higher, have changed idle control valve, but no change, any clues? ,
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response another expert was requested to assist you but are not currently avaiable
Ok do the revs take a while to return to idle if you give the engine a good Rev from stationary
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope, I think the ecu grabs it and brings them bk dwn
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok the most common fault lies with a split /collapsed L shaped breather hose between the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation ) valve and the inlet manifold
These were prone for splitting and causing infected air to be drawn into the engine thus causing hunting idle and slow return to idle
You can sometimes hear the hissing noise from the lower area of the inlet manifold this is the manifold sucking in the undetected air (air the mass air flow sensor cannot detect)
To resolve the issue you need to replace this L shaped hose which is located behind the inlet manifold
The inlet manifold needs to be removed to replace this hose
If this hose is ok but the fault is still present them we must suspect a TPS Sensor fault
This is the throttle position sensor that is screwed to the side of the throttle body
But it is more common for the breather hose to be split
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian