Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford Transit: My 57 plate transit van keeps stalling

Customer Question

Hi
My 57 plate transit van keeps stalling when ticked over, it has lost a lot of power and seems to be in get you home mode all the time.
It stalls every time i come to a set of lights or just ticking over in neutral.
The error code is P0089.
Have you any ideas what it could be?
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok the p0089 fault code relates to the fuel pressure relief valve (PRV) activation
The PRV is a safety feature of the engine mangement system that is activated as a result of excessivly high fuel pressure and is activated to save the engine from any further possible damage
The main cause of the high fuel pressure is a faulty inlet metering valve on the fuel pump
To resolve this issue you need to replace the inlet metering valve and fuel pressure relief valve (these must have there learned values/counters reset through fords ids software
You should also have the PCM updated to the latest software level after these are replaced this is done through fords ids software
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Any positive feedback / bonuses are greatly appreciated
Brian