Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years experience of motor vehicle diagnostics
9261905

Ford fiesta: I would like to take the front number off my wife's

Customer Question

I would like to take the front number off my wife's 63 plates Ford Fiesta to fix a bracket to car.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome.My name is***** happy to help / advise..
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
The front number plate is fastened on with a strong double sided tape / pads.To remove it - you can just grip it firmly and pull - and it will come away.Sometimes they break but rarely as they are a lot stronger than the glue that holds them to the bumper... What you can do to minimise the risk is heat the whole of the plate - warm it with a good hair dryer.. that does help but don't get it too hot ( though a hair dryer is not usually capable of causing any damage to the plate )You can buy replacement sticky pads from any good car shop to re attach the plate when you are ready.... its best to use new as once detached, the old ones are not usually that strong.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -
This is MIKE- Im just checking back with you to see if you need anything more on this.. If so by all means just ask me. Or, if we are done, please do click on the Ok ratings for me at this time - Thank you again.
Kind Rgds, MIKE.