UK Ford

UK Ford repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford z tech: there, my engine management light has come

Customer Question
hi there, my engine management...
hi there, my engine management light has come on on my focus z tech, loss of power, the light flases sometimes or just stays on, can you help please???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Ford
6/3/2015
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Hi there,Usually f the light is flashing it indicates a misfire on one of the cylinders. This will cause a reduction in power of 25%. The light staying on will provide you with a code to tell you which cylinder is the problem. In most cases the issue can be or will be on e of the ignition coils. Sometimes with the engine running if you spray a little water on the coils you can see it arcing. This would be the cause of the problem. You can also pull the coils and inspect the rubber boots where they go to the spark plugs. If there is oil on them it can cause the issue or you might see a burn mark. Replace said coil and it should solve the problem.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician