UK Ford

UK Ford repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford focus style: i am getting white smoke and a bit of a smell…

Customer Question
i am getting white smoke...
i am getting white smoke and a bit of a smell when i only start my ford foucus 1.8 desiel first start of the day
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Ford
5/29/2015
Ford Mechanic: Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN replied 3 years ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delay
Do you still need assistance with this issue
Regards Brian

Yes have not got an answer to me question yet

Hi there
Ok white smoke can be one of 2 things
1, coolant antifreeze entering the combustion chamber this would also impact the coolant level in the reivoir is does it drop over a period of time
This can be down to a seeping head gasket etc but the coolant level should be checked and monitored in this case
2, raw unburnt diesel in the combustion chamber caused more commonly a leaking injector tip
If the injector is leaking after shutting the engine off the diesel will drop into the cylinder and on next start up the unburnt diesel leaves the engine thus you get white smoke/smog
If you remove the 4 injectors and see if any of the tips are wet this inficates a leaky injector
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian