UK Ford

UK Ford Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Ford

Ford CMax Ghia: P138B glow plug/ control module systemP0204

Customer Question
P138B glow plug/ control module...
P138B glow plug/ control module system P0204 injector ircuit malfunction P0202 " " " P0504 Brake Switch P0401 EGR Flow Insufficient P1101 Mass Air flow out of self test range and appears Engine System Fault, sometimes acceleration greatly reduced black smoke coming out. how to get rid of this fault?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: UK Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/10/2012
Ford Mechanic: sean, UK Ford Master Technician replied 5 years ago
sean
sean, UK Ford Master Technician

Hello, I hope I can offer you some assistance.

Have you tried to delete any of the codes? Which codes come back?

Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Thank you.

Relist: Answer quality.
faults where been deleted but it seems erratic speed and few times it jerks.. engine system fault still there and beeping sound.

Hello again, the above isn't an answer it was an information request. I asked which fault codes returned as the warning still shows then a code is stored.

Let me know how you want to proceed.

Regards,

Sean.

Relist: Incomplete answer.
my concern all about engine system fault. Faults where deleted. how to get rid of it?

Hello, as you don't appear to be able to give me the information I've asked for I'll opt out and let another expert try to assist.

Good luck.

Well to be honest its easy to say delete the codes. And if i'm the expert i would rather explain briefly all about this codes?And how does it relates to the ENGINE SYSTEM FAULT which is the main problem. Thats why i've went to site because it seems it has a good reputation regarding dealing with car problems?
Ford Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 5 years ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator
I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Thank you for this matter. Engine System fault was keep appearing, beeping sound and black smoke. Fault codes where deleted.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Relist: I still need help.
When i went to ford garage they gave result of diagnostic which to replace a glow plug relay and a wiring loom or harnesh.And I went to my friend garage to clarify about this report he made diagnostic a report P138B glow plug control module system voltage. Does this problem needs a replacement of new relay and a wiring loom?
Ford Mechanic: Mike, Technician replied 5 years ago
Mike, Technician
Hello and Welcome back to justanswer..

I am a working Expert and also a Mentor for this area of the justanswer site, here to ensure all things run smoothly. You have been operating the site incorrectly Im afraid - to explain, you have kept clicking on " re list".. that causes delays, sometimes severe..and frustration because of the delays caused - so please dont use the Re list .. Too - the previous expert was asking you if you had had the codes deleted for a very good reason..to which you were not replying, which is why he opted out of helping you.

I can help you with your problems with your car - but I need you to work with me - and answer any questions etc to get this sorted for you.

The reason the expert asked if the codes had been deleted is because , codes can be extracted from the Pcm, that are actually old , historic ones - and so therefore, irrelevant to your current situation. Un deleted codes from a previous job / time...as now which then causes problems with accurate diagnosis.

So..the codes need to be deleted - the car re run, and then if the fault message comes on again..then a new code read needs to be done...so that whatever codes are retrieved now , we know are current and relevant to the current situation - therefore, not misleading.

So , that explains all of that all that for you hopefully...

Given its some 35 + days since your last contact, I assume you have progressed to the point you have now, and ended up with the P138B fault code. That being the case, the code you have certainly does point to a loom or connector issue.

There have been cases of the plug that attaches to the glow plug control module being faulty - some just not fully snapped on properly , others having faulty connectors / wires inside the connector..and still others, breaking wires in the loom ..

So yes, if the fault hasn't been cured by replacing the glow plugs items that you have - then start by carefully checking the connection as above... if thats ok, as the connector plug has the wires in it / on it, loom replacement is the usual cure for all this. Once cured , the fault message on the dash will go out and stay out.

I do just note you say, "does the problem need a replacement of a new relay...and loom"... Certainly check as above - renew the relay first before the loom in case thats all it is... and then progress as and if needed, as above.

I sincerely hope the above all helps you and helps with the understanding of the problem you have -and what needs to be done to cure this ...

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Ratings Etc - Please read :

Please feel free to get back to me if you need / wish to discuss this more ..( I will always get back to you as soon as I receive any reply you may send .. To reply to me, use the "reply to expert" tab or link... . Meantime, please do rate the answer / help I have given for you with the "OK service or higher"... for which I " thank you" in advance... as thats how Im credited for helping you ..

Again - feel free to get back to me at any time ...even if you need more help as time goes on - clicking the rating as above does not close you out.. Thank you again...

Regards, MIKE.

~~~ Please note you are rating my help / my answer --- not the "system" ..which can sometimes have delays / problems etc.. Thank You kindly..

Thank you for the advice Mike. How much does it cost for the relay and wiring loom to be relace if ever needs to be done? Could you give me a guide on how to do it?

Thank you once again,

Regards Hendrick

Hello again Hendrick -

Thank you for your reply... Im sorry I missed you last night.

Im really not sure on the costs to be perfectly honest - I wouldn't want to guess and therefore mislead you. You need to call up a local Ford dealer...parts dept, give them the cars VIN and they will be able to give you an exact, proper price for that.

As to how to replace the loom, its fairly straightforward if you have mechanical know-how....it really is just a case of unplugging the connectors , start with the relay end and work back through. I always suggest use marker tape so that you can ID just where connectors go to help you put it back / put the new one in right ( you follow off the old one ) .. there are no real "intructions" per se, it really is just a case of working through it in front of you . It sounds daunting but really its not that bad..

Let me know if you need anything else though, I will always help more so if needed if I can..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

~~~~~~~~~~ Please do click the OK Service rating or higher for me now , Thank you. This is important to me so I appreciate that....

Please note ... clicking the rating service does not close you out - you can come back to me any time you might need after doing that as you have above.. You are most welcome to do that..

Again, Thank you in advance for clicking the OK service rating ( or higher as wish )..
Hello again Hendrick -

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Technician