UK Ford

UK Ford Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Ford

focus: my 2004..engine management light after i change the fuel filter

my 2004 1.8tdci focus is...
my 2004 1.8tdci focus is showing the engine management light after i change the fuel filter
4/26/2012
Mike, Technician

MIKE :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

MIKE :

How is the engine running otherwise ? Why was the filter changed ?

Customer:

car is going good just due a service

MIKE :

Ok thats fine... have you driven it any real distance since the filter change / light coming on?

Customer:

nt realy a bout 2/3 mile

MIKE :

Ok.. .in that case, it could just have flicked the light on because of the startng procedure - bleeding the system - this can / does happen.. So.. I suggest drive the vehilce -give it a good drive for a good few miles - 4-5..or so and it should go off when it sees there is no real fault. IF it doesn't - you can try disconnecting the car battery - that will kill the Ecu memory - and the light will go out. IF it comes back on -then the Ecu is truly seeng a fault somewhere - at that point, you would have to have a local garage do a fault code read for you to find out exactly why / what that is.

Customer:

the car was air locked for a we bit wud that explain it

MIKE :

Yes -its common that on these - they can be a real pain to bleed sometimes...so as I say, its likley to have logged that - It should clear after a good drive cycle when it sees no faults - or kill the memory as above. If you do disconnect the battery - you will need your radio code - so be sure you have that as well.

Customer:

any advice for an oil change

MIKE :

How do you mean - ?

Customer:

things to look out for or is it just general like any olthre car

MIKE :

ah right - no ...the oil / filter change job is straight forward - no worries / issues there ;)

Customer:

aw dat good thanks for da help

Mike, Technician
Mike, Technician