Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, Master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Ford TRANSIT: hI, THE KEYFOB ON MY fORD tRANSIT HAS SUDDENLY

Customer Question

hI, THE KEYFOB ON MY fORD tRANSIT HAS SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING, THINKING IT MIGHT BE THE BATTERY I REPLACED IT, BUT NOT GOOD. PROBLEM IS I CAN'T GET IN THROUGH MY BACK DOORS. ANY IDEAS PLEASE?
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if further info is needed.

Billy :

I would appreciate some further info:

Billy :

- did you try a spare key fob (if available)?

Billy :

- is the central locking still working (only not the remote function)?

JACUSTOMER-i6r72kgh- :

central locking is not working at all, can only open front doors with a key. I don't have a spare key, only came with one when i bought it.

Billy :

do you have a switch inside vehicle to lock unlock? and have you tried it?

JACUSTOMER-i6r72kgh- :

do you mean the inside of the door lock? If so, yes, it locks the individual door but no central locking.

Billy :

ok......

Billy :

in this case i would first look for any blown fuses.....in the engine fuse box....fuses 9 and 31

Billy :

these if blown would cause all these issues (central locking not working)...

JACUSTOMER-i6r72kgh- :

cheers, i had an idea that could be a one cause, but everyone that has stuck their oar in says that there aren't fuses for that function, go figure.

JACUSTOMER-i6r72kgh- :

if it is that would i need to reset the fob?

Billy :

check the fuses....and if the central locking gets back working....you will need to resynch the key....for that, i will include all the details fro your system:

JACUSTOMER-i6r72kgh- :

via here or email?

Billy :

Here....i will put the link now....and you can click on it to open the file....you can right click and save the file on your computer (will be a pdf file...so you can save it for future reference):

JACUSTOMER-i6r72kgh- :

At last, i have found someone who know's what he's talking about.

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if follow up is needed.....positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/