UK Ford

UK Ford repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

got a 2.0 dura 2001 transit had the cluch done..new filter..crank…

Customer Question
got a 2.0 dura 2001...
got a 2.0 dura 2001 transit had the cluch done ever since had problems with it cutting out had new filter and housing replaced also crank senser still cutting out. it ran for a couple of days last time senser replaced but will not go further than 20 yards today without cutting out help please
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Ford
6/29/2010
Ford Mechanic: neil, UK Ford Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
neil
neil, UK Ford Car Mechanic

Hi there hope i can help you with your problem but i just require some more information

1. what happens before the vehicle cuts out i.e does the coil light come on in the cluster?, does it lack power before it stops?

2. have you had any sort of diagnostic machine on the vehicle if so what faults is it indicating?

3. How long after having the clutch changed did it take before the fault started?

the only lights that flashes is the heater plug. no warning before cutting out.

the garage we used has put daionostic on which brought up the fuel problem and changed filter head unit.

there was no problem at all before cluch was changed. had the van back one day then started to cut out

Barry

Ok then barry i could really do to know exactly what fault codes the garages machine has picked up but i will try and give you some pointers on common faults.

First of all is it the same garage looking at this fault who did your clutch?

Since the gearbox has been taken out i would just suggest looking at the wiring to the crank sensor as i have seen people trap the wiring between the box and the engine before, is this is ok then i would suggest having a look at the wiring that runs up behind the starter motor to the fuel injection pump plug as the wiring use to rub on the back of the starter and short out causing fuel pump codes to come up and the engine would cut out and sometimes not even restart. To see the wiring properly you may need to cut the insulation of the loom, if it is damaged then just repair the wiring, i myself use to put some plastic armoring around the loom after it had been repaired just to stop it happening again.

Hope this helps if you require any further help please ask.

NOTE:PAYING THE DEPOSIT DOES NOT MEAN WE GET PAID FOR HELPING YOU. PLEASE CLICK ‘ACCEPT' IF YOU ARE COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR ANSWER