UK Ford

UK Ford Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Ford

i have a 2003 transit connect and the blowers have stopped

working. there is neither hot...
i have a 2003 transit connect and the blowers have stopped working. there is neither hot nor cold air coming from them. need help please. thanks
8/9/2009
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Hi there Jim , Ok does the fan blower work on any speeds 1,2,3,4 ?
no mate no air comes out at all

Ok the first step is to check the main blower motor fuse

this is FUSE 64 ( 30 amp ) this is located in the battery junction box in the engine bay,

check the condition of this and if possible the voltage before we carry on with the diagnostic

ok, checked that it looks fine.

Ok as long as there is battery voltage at the fuse , dissconnect the blower motor multiplug ( this can be accessed at the passengers footwell are , its a 2 pin multiplug with 2 thick wires going to it

put the ignition on and measure the voltage at pin 1 ( green /orange ) wire ( should be 12 volts or more )

if voltage is present check the ground connection at the blower motor multiplug

put the ignition with to off position and set the blower speed to 4

then measure the resistance between pin 2 ( black and red ) wire and ground

should be less than 2 ohms

i suspect all the above will check out ok and the motor itself is faulty

this is a straight forward job to do your self and is only a case of removing three screws

and chanhing the motor

right ok checked the readings they are all sound so where do i get a motor from, where do i find it on the car and what do i do to change it?

Hi there , Ok the blower motor is located in the heater box and can be accessed from the passengers footwell , remove the passengers footwell lower trim , then remove the footwell air duct , dissconnect the multiplug and then remove the 3 screws that holds the blower motor into the heater box , the motor will just come down by hand ,

the best and cheapest place to get one is from a breakers yard as the ford price is around 140 pounds where as a breakers will cost you 20-30 pounds

ok sound, and do i have to find a transit connect for a blower motor or do other models have the same unit, i.e. fiesta focus etc. because if they all have the same motor i might have an easier job finding one at a breakers.
No you need to fid a transit connect or transit toureno as all motors have different fittments and housings
Gallagher99
Gallagher99
Gallagher99