UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I am the American wife of a UK citizen from whom I will

Customer Question
Hello, I am the...

Hello, I am the American wife of a UK citizen from whom I will likely separate and divorce. I lack the funds to take anything but my suitcase and my dog back to the states with me, as I have been largely dependent on my spouse financially throughout our time here. We have no children. Is it possible to apply for discretionary leave to remain while the proceedings go on?

Lawyer's Assistant: Were any of the assets acquired before the marriage? Or given through an inheritance?

No. And actually, we own no property or any other significant assets.

Lawyer's Assistant: Were any marital funds used for the mortgage or property improvements?

No

Submitted: 13 days ago.Category: UK Family Law
Answered in 6 days by:
7/14/2018
Solicitor: INC, Solicitor-Advocate replied 7 days ago
INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Hi,Do you still require assistance with this?