UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I'm a single mother who's struggling with mental health.

Customer Question
Hello! I'm a single...

Hello! I'm a single mother who's struggling with mental health. I've been involved with social services etc before but got signed off as they were no longer worried. However, I feel I've been struggling and have been discussing with my mother for a number of months to give her guardianship of my son. How do I go about this? She lives in Ireland. I'll still be a part of my sons life I just won't be his primary care giver.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in Irish family court?

No we haven't taken any steps as of yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No I haven't

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I've been trying to research it myself first No that's it thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Family Law
4/2/2018
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Where in the Uk do you live and how old is the child?