UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

A question regarding section 7.d of the D81 form. My

Customer Question
Hi there. A question...

Hi there. A question regarding section 7.d of the D81 form. My ex-husband owns 100% of a UK limited company and his company has some corporation tax debt to HMRC. Should this debt be included in section 7.d? Many thanks in advance.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your ex-husband taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?

He has taken no steps, we have agreed to sign a consent order (where we agree financial terms) and are filing the D81 in this context.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is he in?

We are both UK residents.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank, you.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Family Law
3/26/2018
Solicitor: JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant replied 3 months ago
JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant
Hello, thanks for the question.Yes, the debt to HMRC will need to be paid and given the company is an asset, the tax due needs to be listed at section 7(d) otherwise there will not be an accurate reflection of gross and net assets.I hope this answers the question however please let me know if I can assist further.Please also rate the answer.Many thanks and best wishes,J
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.