UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Child Maintenance Service - My ex has been found to have not…

Child Maintenance Service - My...
Child Maintenance Service - My ex has been found to have not declared unearned income. This has been identified by CMS as an additional £27.5k on top of the £17K that was declared via earned income. Are there any repercussions for not sharing that information in the first place? I have completed 'representation' and 'variation' applications via CMS. I am assuming it gets backdated as well when the new calculation is decided.
3/23/2018
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

The only penalty will be the back dating of the assessment I am afraid

Please ask if you need further details

.

Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Thank you - backdating isn't a bad thing as have been struggling providing for 3 children.Can I apply to the court during finance proceedings for divorce for further support from him as he is a high earner and I am struggling to pay the bills etc. If so, how do I do this?

What income do you each have and have you asked for spouse maintenance?

I've just started a new term time job of 30 hours a week to work around the children which is £13,100 (£18,5k pro rata) and he is earning at least £45k a year. I have not applied for spousal maintenance yet.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.