UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I'm looking for a template form for a father to relinquish…

Customer Question
I'm looking for a...

I'm looking for a template form for a father to relinquish his parental rights at his request can you help

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No I don't know where to start

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I'm actually in west sussex in the UK

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Family Law
3/18/2018
Solicitor: JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant replied 4 months ago
JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant
Hello,It is possible to apply to the court for an order to terminate parental responsibility. However, there have only been a very small number of cases dealing with this issue since the Children Act 1989.The child’s welfare will be the court’s paramount consideration when dealing with the issue of termination of parental responsibility and it would seem termination will only be ordered when it is necessary to protect the child and family from serious emotional and physical harm.The form is C1 and also FM1 for another concerning parental responsibilities. A parental responsibility order (sections 4(1)(c), 4ZA(1)(c) or 4A(1)(b) of the Children Act 1989) or an order terminating parental responsibility (sections 4(2A), 4ZA(5) or 4A(3) of that Act).Please accept and prove me with a rating for the answerThanks,J
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.