UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have to fill in a D80 based on 2 years separation, however…

Customer Question
Hi I have to...

Hi I have to fill in a D80 based on 2 years separation, however I am struggling with question 4 and 5 the date separated and the date the marriage was at an end?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oh this is in the UK

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes I have seeked legal advice about the grounds for divorce but it was just this date question I was going to put the same date in both

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Family Law
3/7/2018
Solicitor: JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant replied 4 months ago
JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant
Hi thanks for the question. I will review and come back to you shortly. Best wishes, James

Hi, I have looked in to this and can confirm that the answers would be as follows :

Q4, No
Q5 Use the date you separated

For the date you considered the marriage at an end, if you decided it was on the date you separated, put the same date. If for example you split up and lived apart but thought you could save the marriage, you put a later date when you decided in your mind the marriage was indeed over.

It will not be argued over by the Court - does your ex consent? You do have grounds for the divorce based on 2 years' separation.

If I can assist further please do let me know. If I have answered your question, please click accept answer.

Many thanks and have a nice evening.

Sorry, for question 4, it's the date you no longer lived together and question 5 is either the same date (if you considered the marriage ended the minute you parted) or a later date when you made your mind up after for example trying to make it work and it not obviously working.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.