UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I would like to discuss a potential cause Intentional

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to discuss a potential cause Intentional infliction of emotional distress

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I am in the u.k.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was manipulated into an abortion after 6 weeks of abuse and changing mind, distress, threatened, got signed off work sick as a result and he then backed me into corner to have abortion sating we will go to counselling and he wasn't leaving and he promises (all saved in text) the clinic did not want to perfom the procedure as I was telling them this was not my choice. two days after procedure he got ona flight to Dublin and left, dragged it on for a week saying he just wanted space. took my main keys from apt so I cant lock my aprt properly, then finished it by text, has blocked me on everything, wont return my keys - and I have 2 suit cases of stuff at his, owes me £1600 which I have sent several times itemising the cost. I have to pay £280 to fly to Dublin to get my stuff. I cant eat, sleep, councillor cant even believe the events, he smashed fire alarm in my building when I was pregnant and I got in trouble with landlord and had to pay £280. pushed me which he denys - but the emotional black mail and calculated plan has left me broken. I now have to take unpaid time off work to deal with this trauma. he sent me crude messgaes and strange texts saying 'in the grave' which was very frightening.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Family Law
Answered in 6 days by:
3/14/2018
Solicitor: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I would like to continue please
Solicitor: JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant replied 4 months ago
JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant
Hello, I’m sorry to hear of the issues you have had with that person. Can you confirm whether you are married to him and also do you have a figure in terms of what he owes you / what you have paid out due to his behaviour?
Hi we were not married. He owes me £1700 for pregnancy related issues, a further £280 for a flight hat I had to pay to return to Dublin to get my keys and stuff as I cannot lock my home properly as he took the main keys, which had taken with him on vacation.£150 for counselling so far and I have to take unpaid leave off work also and buy more flights to go home with the stress. it is more to do with the emotional distress he caused me, I spoke to his sister ans she said this is his pattern and she knows he is capable of this but still shocked. he manipluted me and broke me down into a termination and then left me in London two days later - while he kept telling me he was coming back for a further week. I have lost a stone in weight, cant sleep and cant go to work and it has and still is very traumatic. he went to the bank and took out his savings and told m he did nothing - all of which - the manipulation and lies I have on text. do I have any type of case to make him accountable for his actions?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.