UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Do I have to go through mediation to resolve a separation…

Customer Question
Do I have to go...
Do I have to go through mediation to resolve a separation before a judge can have have a say. In other words, can mediation be skipped and move straight to court or is mediation a compulsory step in separation/divorce before going to court?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Family Law
1/9/2018
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you explain a little more about the background to your query please

Thank you clare, there should be a history of my communication through just answer. It may even be with yourself.
Through the history, there is the background for my query.

Indeed I did!

You do have to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment meeting with a local Family mediator before you can make a court application.

However this does not mean that mediation has to happen, as the Mediator can certify it unfit for mediation.!

What are the circumstances for the mediator to certify the case unfit for mediation ?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.