UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My question relates to the topic of stalking and harassment…

My question relates to the...
My question relates to the topic of stalking and harassment both related to domestic. Although it is very clear for me but is a new type and difficult to make understand, I will try my best to explain. At one angle it seems I am actually stalking, on other hand I claim that stalking/harassment is being done against me, and I am acting to find out.Since last 3-4 months I am facing a situation where I am living in my home with a continuous presence (an unwanted attention) of a person who is able to listen me, follow me. His presence is not physical but through cell phone of my wife. I assume his this kind of presence as an intruder presence. That is why I feel stressed, harassed when I am at home. That is why I feel more comfortable outside home as compared to inside.
Here the law will say that if my wife is talking xyz willingly, happily, this is not crime BUT the problem is, she pretend that she is only listening music but I know it is the guy (most of the time and many many times). My wife does not allow me to touch her phone, saying it is a crime or she will call police if I touch phone. Here I feel they are bullying me using one part of law to abuse other. All because I am very simple and they seem very smart. Because I felt that the home is my place of privacy, no one outsider should be able to listen to me without my knowing and consent.
Coincidently when I saw this man outdoors a few times last times, he look at me with terrible eyes, where as I do not keep eye contact.
As I read that if those who are harassed, or stalked, they have every right to keep evidence video/pic/audio. That is why I have got sufficient evidences which I want to submit to police, it will be helpful in case full investigation is required at some point on any issue, and however I assume that police can make them accept without investigating evidence. Any how I wish police keep this evidence safe and do not pass them, this will help to keep a legislative hammer on them and will keep them stopping doing this again.
My wife wants to leave me and I have been trying to rethink because we have a baby daughter. My argument is legitimate with her. Note, some 3 months back she showed me some signs or aggressiveness too, after which I was alerted, worried and decided to keep proofs in case she goes against me unlawfully. I started to keep recording things somewhere in home, so now I have handsome amount of recordings and proof of everything. With the help of these recordings we can go back in time and find out following:
• She was really in affair with that guy which she was denying before (this is not my legal issue I understand)
• There are several proofs that the guy is keeping an unwanted, persistent presence when I am at home via wife’s cell phone, without my knowledge and consent, not only able to listen me but giving my wife instructions what to question/talk to me, so terrible and horrible
• There are several proofs that when I am outside home the guy is listening my phone talk, as wife keeping my call on speaker , as wife is connected to him on another phone.
• The guy knows all my daily routein, and what I am doing etc.
• There are proof that wife is informing him my documents details, and willing to bring my laptop to him
• At moments of disputes between me and wife, she showed aggression and assaulted me, where as I argued but never assaulted, always talked logically.
• There is a proof that wife punching me , when I said, why? She replied so that you assault me back, and you know what women can do in this country (she meant she could kick me out for domestic violence).
In light of all above, please inform my claim that someone stalking/harassing me is right? What actions I can take for the above mentioned things?
How to convince police if it is a real stalking/harassment case?
My wife and the guy are equally doing crime?
Do I have legal right to keep all recorded material, which could prove my innocence at some point in case if my wife put some wrong allegations on me?NOTE:The guy first became my friend in july 2017, with amazing n kind attitude, then slowly came closer to my wife, then finally showing me terrible or darkside by keeping an unwanted attention on me.
12/20/2017
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hello

Would you mind summarising your question?

This amount of information cannot be viewed on my ipad.

I'm quite certain would could summarise it.

My understanding is, I am stalked and harassed by my wife and her boyfriend (who was my friend before). what happening is, they have a habbit of talking on phone for hours, say 7-9 hours a day, they hide from me, no issue,,, the thing is when I am at home, they do not respect my privacy, and that guy has habbit of unwanted attention on me, he is present in my home through listening wife's phone almost always, when im out and calls my wife, wife takes my call on another phone's speaker and that guy is able to listen me, talks about me, my routein, took my documents, asked my wife to bring to him my laptop etc etc. As i smelt something fishy going on with my wife attitute changing towards me having agression and violence some times, i had planned to put a listening devise incase something bad happened to me, also wife threatened me to put some false claims on me related to domestic violence etc., she harassed me as well, once punched me,,, all recorded along with her conversations with the guy on different topics. as i had heard that if you feel you are harassed or stalked, or facing violence against you in any shape, you have every right to keep the evidence video or audio or picture. I gathered audio records. is it legal for me to keep?
at one angle it looks im stalking my wife but i claim im being stalked and i did all to catch stalkers, am i right?
i have every proof of above obligations against them through audio recordings, wife does not allow to touch me her phone saying it is illegle to touch, or she will call police, means using one part of law to abuse other. they know im simple, the continuous listening ability or presence of the guy i will call it harassment, and following me, because i understand he is there and they know that i know but i cant do nothing is harassment, isn't it? please if anything is unclear, ask me

So, in short, they talk to each other on the phone?

What are they specifically doing to you?

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
is it a paid phone call? i will prefer writing then
do not call me please, i cant pay
frantzgregory
Phone call session started
Jo C.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister