UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Come next November my daughters house which is in both hers…

Customer Question
Come next November my...

Come next November my daughters house which is in both hers and Ex husbands name has to be sold. That was the agreement when they divorced. He could buy her out too. Unfortunately over the past 2 bit years he has not kept the house in good orger either. She is now having to face yet again the local council trying to not give her housing benefit and her rent where she lives is behind. Should she see her solicitor to start writing to ex to make him start proceedings to either sell or buy her out and how long does she give him? She moved out he wouldnt, court didnt make him give up house for her and 3 children so she had to rent.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Hastings East Sussex England

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

She would prefer it being sold, as she is not sure how his income earnt and if a problem does not want to have dirty money she thinks.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has broken court orders since the divorce and last time she went to court he got away with things again, she feels that the court is taking his lies to heart and not looking at the truth.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Family Law
There is calateral in the house, she owes me about £39000.00 and we have a written agreement that she pays me back after house is sorted. This amount is made up of lots of solicitor bills etc over 2 years and through the divorce. Plus getting her housed some where rent etc. The local council have seen our agreement but still have stopped her rent until then she is frantically trying to get a job to pay her rent. Her income support was stopped on the day her youngest was 5 in september this year. Some times her ex says he has no money, but has still taken kids abroad and spends silly money on them at times. One time in court it was looked over that he didnt show all his expences and accounts, she has had to do most of the leg work as she is finding solicitors are not be agresive enough. Im 65 a pensioner who is of course needing my money returned by next November.
At first is onlt paid £7 a week for 3 children in maintainance now up to about £200 a month . I cannot understand how is has been allowed to get away with out paying for a roof over their heads. If he had been nicer and vacacted the house he would have been told to continue paying their morgage plus find rent for some where for himself!
If you need a copy of their divorce agreement I will have to tell my daughter of this site and she will then start comunicating with you.
12/5/2017
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is the exact wording of the Order regarding the sale of the house?

I’m going to pass this to my daughter, she can send or answer any questions you have.

That is fine

HiPlease find attached my divorce court order document.He has breached the undertaking relating to the npower payment that was due November 2015.He still has not paid this.Kind Regards