UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I live in the USA. after my divorce to my sons father he did…

Customer Question
i live in the USA...
i live in the USA. after my divorce to my sons father he did not want him so he came to live with me aged 16. he is now 52 his father has helped somewhat over those years at maybe the odd $5000.00 at xmas. his father was a very wealthy man and had told me and my son and i quote "never worry about money i have your back". his father died about 3 years ago. the stepmother flew him and my daughter out to the uk for the funeral. at that time the stepmother told my daughter that she had promised my x to always take care of my son and my daughter. everyone got some monies which included 3 grand children and 2 daughters. my son got nothing. stepmother told me that she wanted to try and set something up for my son and had mentioned it to the attorney, however, she had had enough of attorneys as probate took nearly a year and as yet nothing has happened. asking for money in the last three years my son has had about $7000.00. this has had to be asked for. my son works at a local supermarket as a courtesy clerk 17 hours a week. i have taken the care of my son Maurice all these years and still do. we are going to move and Maurice lives in a small house on my property. i asked could i have help for the move. the cost will be to move about ten thousand dollars. she has not answered and told my daughter that my son has had enough money this year and she might send something to him for Christmas. i am totally at a loss. i am nearly 78 years of age and i was hoping for my son to have something coming to him each month before my death. he will then go and live with his sister and she will need that help also. my son is very sad about all this as i am. what can i do Customer
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Family Law
12/2/2017
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you know how much the Estate was worth?

no all that was hidden from us. there was no will reading. just monies sent to the people I mentioned, via an attorney.

You can obtain a copy of the Will using the service here

https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

clare so sorry I did not get back to you. with work home and my son even though I am 78 I am very busy. I have tried to use the link you sent me but it will not work
this morning I tried to use the link for the will but it would not take my password ***** email. I would really like to get my hands on the will as I feel that is important. if you could help me to get the will and use the link i would be grateful. then maybe we could go from there. it says that my password ***** email is not correct. is there some magic word that i am not using
i do not know how long i am to wait. i have called to find out what is taking so long and they tell me that clare is not online at this time. it does tell me on my screen that she is. i need a time and date so i know to be here

You do not need a password ***** all you need to do is cut and paste the link to your search engine and then enter the name of the person you are looking for

clare I feel really stupid but I have been unable to cut and paste the link and then to my search engine. I have a possible one person that maybe could help me but they are away. it is not something you wish to ask as I do not want anyone to know my business. I found my ex Maurice Ford Clayton died 2015 January. if you can find it great be my guest. thank you Customer

Do not worry

Just type "probate search" into your search engine (google)

just got back from hospital with my husband. his name has now gone. I found it and could not do what you asked and now today I followed your instructions and his name has been removed. can they do that Clare. surely they cannot remove records once they are there. help eileen
well I found it as I had put it in a basket for $10.00 but even though I used google it still wanted my email and password ***** am at a loss it did work. went I went to my search engine google it took me off your screen and put me on to the usual screen you get for google. I am very concerned as you only get x amount of time. how can I stay on your web site and go on google at the same time. weary eileen
I see you are on line now. Clare are you in the usa or uk I am wondering if there is a difference as to how it works from here in the states. I have it because it is in the basket but he is no longer on the list so I feel I must get hold of it as soon as I can. the probate number is(###) ###-#### thank you eileen

I am a solicitor in the East Midlands

What is the name of your ex husband

MAURICE FORD CLAYTON PROBATE #4749813 DIED 2015
when you look it up you will not find it, however, when I checked in my basket there it was. it is so madding when it is sitting there waiting for someone to get it out. I am worried that because it is only in my basket that someone got wind of it and removed it. maybe I am wrong. Clare my ex lived in Nottinghamshire that is were his business still is if you look up his name you will see his company. before he died he hired someone who had strong sales experience. his son by his second wife still works there.
Maurice Ford Clayton lived at*****Normonton on Soar Loughborough. his wife still lives there. All his children two boys all have homes in that village which was bought for them and my son knows that. if you just type in his name it comes up and tells you all the companies he has and he owns. I just want justice for my son it makes me so sad. the trouble is my son knows what has happened and how he was left out and is very sad
clare
I have not heard from you. you know if we used messenger we could talk on the phone. I need to know if you are willing to work and help me get that will and probate info. let me know as I will have to find another way.
clare
I just got in to the wills and probate I will have to wait ten days before it is downloaded to me. I suppose perseverance works. I will get back to you. I want to ask you do you think we have a case for my son. his stepmother has now said she will not send any more monies to him and she does not have to. I am not a rich woman but do you know anyone that would maybe help Maurice Ford Clayton jnr pro bono
I see you are on line right now. have you read my emails to you. my present husband is very sick right now. he has congested heart failure and multiple myeloma blood cancer that eats all the marrow in your bones and he has chemo every two weeks. my doctor told me I have a lot on. yes I guess I do. eileen
why do you tell me someone is sending me a message and yet I do not find one. still awaiting an answer from clare on my last message I sent her thanks Customer
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 3 months ago

My apologies - this disappeared off my list for some reason

Do you still require assistance?

clare I found out Maurice ford clayton left 17 million dollars and not one penny to his mentally challenge son

That is a great deal of money

Who was it left to and when was probate granted?

December 4th 2015 left to wife and children. the will was revoked to all previous wills and he sign but I know his signature and he was very ill as he died jan 10th 2016. it left different amounts to step daughter me, 3 grandchildren our daughters 2 . Maurice was not mentioned in the will. in total 190.thousand pounds amongst the said above. maybe you could look at the will some of which I do not understand I was asking for some money recently for Maurice jnr and was ignored so I told his wife that maybe I should seek some advise and then had a letter from her son. he told me that must not contact them again and only my daughter becky could ask. he also said that they do not have to send any but would as they see fit. there is one thing I noticed was it stated. that THE BENEFICIARIES MY SPOUSE CHILDREN AND DESCENDANTS. thank eileen

Have you spoken to your daughter about this?

my daughter was disgusted with the email they sent. I told to her to keep in with them for the sake of Maurice, As she will be taking care of Maurice jnr when I die she is scared of me rocking the boat. they do not know I have a copy of the will and I feel that maybe put some pressure on them. his wife promised me two years ago that she was going to try talk with attorneys about setting something up for Maurice jnr in an email I still have. I feel overwhelmed if I knew I had a strong case I would rock the boat. Customer
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Clare
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor