UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

There is a property dispute going on with my ex inlaws..

their solicitors without any evidence...
there is a property dispute going on with my ex inlaws.. their solicitors without any evidence trying to decredit by saying that I had an extra marital affair. can i take any action against the firm it mentally disturbs
11/15/2017
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my bets to help you but I need some further informtaion first.

Why do you think this is the fault of the firm and not your ex in laws?

hi,thank you very much for your email. it is my ex in laws fault yes but firm is continuously accusing instead of telling their client that the case has got nothing to do with it. they are using to damage me... It is a torture and as a professional firm should they be advising their client not indulge in this?

I am afraid that the solicitors acting for your former in laws do not owe you any duty of care and accordingly you cannot take any action against them in respect of their conduct of the matter

I am sorry - I do understand that this is not fair but sadly some solicitors are not prepared to stand up to their clients at all.

Please ask if you need further details

Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor