UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Can I name my husbands affair partner in my divorce

Hi, Can I name my...
Hi, Can I name my husbands affair partner in my divorce proceedings, now they are no longer involved? I have written proof from her that they had sexual intercourse.
10/16/2017
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Thank you for your question
My name is Clare
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first
When did you find out about the adultery?
Hi Clare,
First time he admitted it was a one time thing was 4 aug 2017, then the other womans husband contacted me on 5 aug 2017 and filled me in on the rest!
You can name her - but it is not necessary and could in fact make the process more complicated- and expensive.
Instead just get the admission in writing from your husband and make sure that you either issue the petition or separate before next February
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor