UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have just discovered that at the time of registering my…

Customer Question
Hi i have just...

Hi i have just discovered that at the time of registering my daughter the father who was present gabe the registar a false name and date of birth.. will he be prosecuted and can i correct this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Sorry gave a false name and date of birth. He wasnt who he claimed to be.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No awaiting a response from registar.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just need to know what penalty he will likely receive and if i will be able to re-register with correct details or be able to remove false name and date of birth?.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Family Law
9/27/2017
Solicitor: frantzgregory, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
frantzgregory

When was the birth registered? Were you also present at the registration of the birth?

i was present but at the time he was going by a false name and i didnt know that and he was pretenting to be 18 when he was really 23 i was only 15 at the time of the birth so he was controlling everything. Just realised as well not sure if you are aware but i live in the uk.

Did you also give a false age because in the UK it is a criminal offence to have underage sex and the registration would have flagged this up. So I am not convinced I have all the necessary information from you.

No i gave my correct name and date of birth and yes it is a criminal offence and it is under police investigation but he is denying it. i want my daughters birth certificate to be correct not false and i want him procecuted for every offence.

What? He is denying he didn't have under age sex with you? So you were aware it was a criminal offence to engage in this activity knowing you are under age and you allowed it to happen?

I am not here to ne judged i was a 14 year old little girl and he was a 23 year old man who manipulated and took advantage of my vunerability and for your information i did not always allow it to happen and i am sorry but i asked a straight forward question you are to give me legal advise not a lecture.

It is not as simple as you think. During the registration of births, you and the father would have been under a legal interview. Giving false information to the registrar is a criminal offence. The registrar would have asked for both your identity documents unless you are saying he gave false documents too.

I am not here to judge or to give legal advice or to give a lecture. At the age of 14 you should not be engaging in any form of a relationship with someone you knew was 18 years old let alone someone it turns out you knew nothing about full stop. The fact that you now know he was 23 is completely irrelevant.

I need to understand the circumstances in order to give you a supported answer. If the Police have charged him or he is under investigation you will need to get confirmation of this from the Police and report this to the registration office where your daughter's registration took place. It can be difficult to change the information on a birth certificate.