UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Hope you can clarify a situation I find my self in. I have…

Customer Question
Hi, hope you can...

Hi, hope you can clarify a situation I find my self in. I have breached a court order and have stopped my son's father from seeing him, after access was changed from supervised to unsupervised. After a few weeks I was very concerned about my son's welfare.my solicitor advised me to stop access.which I did.I then applied for ' stay' . 2 weeks later my ex applied for an enforcement. It has been a very long w

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

In Devon, South England

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes I have a solicitor, whom I feel isn't really helping me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. I've been trying during this time to get supervised access , but my ex keeps throwing it back, and we've not got any where.So I passed it on to my solicitor.I hear from my ex today that the date for the enforcement case has come through.I've heard nothing from my solicitor, and why should that come through first before my application for ' stay' . Confused as I can t get hold of my solicitor and I'm annoyed that I've heard it from my ex, when he shouldn't be contacting me over this matter.grateful for any advise. Thank you.Tracey

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/26/2017
Solicitor: frantzgregory, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
frantzgregory

You should never breach a court order unless there is a genuine reason to. You have not given a genuine reason for breaching the court order. Your child has every right to have an unfettered relationship with his father just the same as you have. You must never use child arrangements to score points with the child's father just because the pair of you don't get along.

Why do you want supervised access after access was changed to unsupervised? I am sorry you have created a problem where there shouldn't be one and your solicitor will charge an arm and a leg to deal with this absolutely unnecessary situation which will cause uncertainty for your child. Children love both parents and must be isolated from any grievance you have between the two of you. It is your responsibility as the child lives with you to ensure disparaging remarks are not made against the other parent no matter what.

Unless your child is evidently at risk with his father, you should be a responsible parent and contact your child's father (if the existing court order allows this) to sort this out between the pair of you and avoid the unnecessary involvement of solicitors and the family court.