UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have a question. My ex and I were never married but had a…

Customer Question
Hello. I have a...

Hello. I have a long question. My ex and I were never married but had a child together 10 years ago. The fathers name was also put on the birth certificate and he carries his dads last name. When the child was less than 6 month old, we moved back to my home country- this is also in the EU area. The father was ok with that. Over the years, he has bothered to see his son only a handful of times. Shows no interest towards him and has not paid much child support. On top of all, he was convicted as a sex offender ( regarding minors) 2 years ago. For obvious reasons I wish to get full rights regarding my child ( this means all the decision making regarding him). He is not allowed to be alone with my child or any child unsupervised. Is there something that I can ask him to do from his side? Like give up parental rights legally somehow( I think I would be able to convince him to do that). Or is the best thing to go to court?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The Father is a UK citizen,lives in UK. Me and child are in Estonia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have an appointment next week to start the process

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Family Law
9/20/2017
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 10 months ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

Is he using his PR now?