UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Story short....my partner of 24 years left the family home…

Customer Question
Hi....long story short....my partner...

Hi....long story short....my partner of 24 years left the family home in April 22nd. Over August relations between us broke doen massively, his payslips are still sent to the family home and I opened them. We are trying to organise maintenance payments so I opened the payslips to see what he was earning. Today he visited the property to collect his belongings and asked for his post. Now I am expecting legal action as he is angry that I opened his mail. Any advice?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in the uk

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

No action so far but I am hoping to counter act any action

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is a lot of history over our 24 year relationship.....in August my ex told myself and his 2 children that he had a new partner, a teacher at my childrens school. He reported a domestic violence incident as when he told the children of his new partner they were devastated and I struck him.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Family Law
9/19/2017
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 10 months ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.