How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13474
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In a civil matter where the two parties are representing

Customer Question

in a civil matter where the two parties are representing themselves. If you are going to accept the order but are making a no admissions plea do you have to disclose your evidence to the other side ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

  1. Which court and track is this bieng heard please? e.g. County court, small claims, fast track etc? High Court?
  2. You refer to an order. Is this a Tomlin Order or a judgment order given following a hearing or in defaul of a defence being entered?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Family Civil County CourtMy wife has taken out a Non Molestation and Occupancy Order. I have denied the allegations as they are only half true in some instances and lies in others. My wife hasn't filed for divorce and so I would like to reconcile and so I don't wish to vilify my wife in front of a court of law. I would rather use the material with a counsellor to repair our marriage. Therefore I was planning on a no admissions plea but I don't know whether I can legally not disclose the evidence I have got and also if she does then file for divorce can I re-challenge the NMO and OO with the evidence I have got ?
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 month ago.

Thanks. Unfortunately family law is not my area of expertise. I will ask that this is transferred to the law category.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how do I do that ?
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 month ago.

I've done it for you. It may take an hour or two to complete the request and hopefuly one of my colleagues will look at this for you. I will opt out so a family law colleague can assist.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Joshua, I have just asked the same question again. Could you close this question please
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 month ago.

No problem. You can ask for a refund of any amount you paid here: