How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13474
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going through a difficult separation wife has changed

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I am going through a difficult separation wife has changed the locks on the house and my solicitor has a fear that she will apply for non molestation order
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: northern ireland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes but I want to know indepth about this
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this point
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have personal belongings still in the house and I have a fear of going back to the house because of this non molestation order threat- it will be used in divorce proceedings against me and paints a picture that I am a bad guy. also I left he property now for 3 months. Is there no way I can go to the property without this threat and fear of retribution against me. I also have a fear of the safety of my personal belongings - I also left due to breakdown of trust and fear of violence I am also deaf as well.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
although at this stage I have asked through her solicitor that she return my personal belongings and leave them outside for me to collect. I worry that she will cherry pick the items and not return the full items or at worst say she doesnthave them. have I no rights at all to go into my joint property and retrieve those items without retribution.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Are there any children involved

Have there been any physical incidents?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi clare no and no nothing at all.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Then why is he worried about a non molestation application?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
becsuse it will be a means to an end for her in order to bolster her case in a divorce proceedings.what i want to know is is there anything i can do without being accused of false allegations after i have gained entry into my jointly owned property and retrieved my stuff. its like shes waiting for an event so to put a court order on me. thus stronger case in a divorce.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Just to check - does she work?

Regularly go out at the same time?