UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Hiya yh me and my ex split about 4 months ago and was having…

Customer Question
Hiya yh me and...

Hiya yh me and my ex split about 4 months ago and was having child arrangement problems and he apple I'd to the court and got the date set for our first hearing but since we have come to our own arrangement and sorted things out how do we go about cancelling the application

Lawyer's Assistant: Are there any minor children from the relationship? What is the custody situation?

Yeah 2 they live with me full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

United Kingdom

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it I think

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Family Law
8/11/2017
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 11 months ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive. You have a couple of options: either both of you write to the court and simply advise that you have reached an agreement and the court date can be 'vacated'. This is often the simplest way to resolve the matter. Tell the Cafcass officer when they ring you that you have both reached an agreement and then they can advise the court. The other option is that if you both fail to attend the hearing and only one of you writes to the court advising that you have reached a settlement is it likely that the matter will simply be dismissed by the court. I hope that this helps and please rate positive. Thanks

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.