Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Hiya yh me and my ex split about 4 months ago and was having

Customer Question

Hiya yh me and my ex split about 4 months ago and was having child arrangement problems and he apple I'd to the court and got the date set for our first hearing but since we have come to our own arrangement and sorted things out how do we go about cancelling the application
JA: Are there any minor children from the relationship? What is the custody situation?
Customer: Yeah 2 they live with me full time
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: United Kingdom
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it I think
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive. You have a couple of options: either both of you write to the court and simply advise that you have reached an agreement and the court date can be 'vacated'. This is often the simplest way to resolve the matter. Tell the Cafcass officer when they ring you that you have both reached an agreement and then they can advise the court. The other option is that if you both fail to attend the hearing and only one of you writes to the court advising that you have reached a settlement is it likely that the matter will simply be dismissed by the court. I hope that this helps and please rate positive. Thanks

I hope that this answered your question. Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you